Haiku Contest (all ages)
Raymond Carver Writing Festival
Haiku Poetry Contest
Poetry contest guidelines:
This poetry contest is open to those who reside in the Lower Columbia area. Awards will be presented for first and second place winners.
Poetry will be judged on:
Haiku Format: adherence to haiku format
Attention to contest theme: “Happiness. It comes on unexpectedly. And goes beyond, really, any early morning talk about it.”
Language & Imagery: adherence to haiku format
1) Only two entries per person will be accepted, regardless of category.
2) Poems must be received by 5pm on April 30th.
3) Clatskanie Library District is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible submissions, or postage-due mail.
4) Confirmation of receipt and comments on your entry will not be provided, nor will your entry be returned to you.
5) There will be two winners selected. A $100 prize will be awarded for first place and a $50 prize will be awarded for second place.
6) Judges’ decisions are final.
7) Winners will be notified prior to the Raymond Carver Writing Festival.
8) Poem and official entry form may be submitted by any one of the following methods:
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dropped off at the Clatskanie Library District, 11 Lillich Street Clatskanie, OR 97016, or
Mailed to Clatskanie Library District, PO Box 577, Clatskanie, OR 97016
23 Haiku Entry Form (2).pdf