Cultural Passes are items in the library that can be checked out just like a book or movie. These passes provide reduced or free admission to different cultural institutions in the Portland Metro area. They allow individuals, families, children and teens to learn historic, artistic, or scientific concepts without paying the usual admittance fees.
Parking Passes for Oregon State Parks
- Each Cultural Pass is available for a seven-day check-out, with no renewals available.
- Call or visit the library ahead of time to place a hold on a Cultural Pass. Due to the popularity of the passes, if you come in to pick up a Cultural Pass on the day you wish to visit your destination, and you have not put a pass on hold, there is no guarantee that your desired pass will be available. If a Cultural Pass is on hold in your name you will have three days to pick it up before it goes to the next patron on the hold list.
- Borrowers must have an Adult card, in good standing, to check out a Cultural Pass.
- Each pass provides free or reduced admission to the destination—some restrictions may apply. Please ask library staff for details.
- Use of the passes is intended to serve as an introduction to each destination.
- The passes are not intended for repeated use by the same individual/s or family. Library patrons are encouraged to purchase personal memberships to cultural destinations if they are interested in frequent use.
- Guests must abide by all existing rules at each Cultural Pass destination.
- Please note the checkout period is seven days, not the standard 21 days.
- Borrowers are encouraged to call ahead to ensure that their destination is open for visitors on the day they intend to visit.